Ozone REO V7 Kite Only with Technical bagRegular price $1,656.00 Save $-1,656.00
Ozone Reo V7
The REO is Ozone's dedicated wave kite and the V7 is the latest generation. It has been totally reworked to include all the latest advancements provided to the design team. The REO has been a staple in our quiver for many years! The REO is very fast, very responsive and has incredible drift thanks to its lightweight frame. If you are serious about wave riding you must have one!
This kitesurfing kite works perfectly on the Ozone Click V5 Kitesurfing Control Bar and Lines
What Ozone Say
Two years after the V6 launched, now tuned more tightly than ever, the icon returns in the form of the Reo V7. A pure fire mix of speed, power control, drift and rapid relaunch, the V7’s joystick control delivers thrilling sessions every time you hit the water.
Any wave, anywhere; this is your go-to surf performance kite.
- Wave riding specific design
- Improved low end and wider performance range
- Transverse sail shaping for cleaner and tighter canopy
- Super direct with improved response and range before luffing
- Instant power, faster handling, huge de-power and insane drift
WHO IS THE REO V7 FOR?
Good intermediates and beyond. It’s faster, smoother and has a bigger range. This is a kite for riders with waves on their mind. The quick turning, crisp control and excellent drift performance also works excellently for freeride foilers who need a kite that will remain highly responsive in as much of the wind window as possible.
WHAT’S NEW ON THE V7?
- New refined design and sail control
- Transverse sail shaping results in a cleaner aerofoil for increased performance
- Reduced drag and more drive through the window
- Smoother handling in gusty conditions
- Improved low end
- Thinner bridles than on V6 for reduced parasitic drag and weight
Being more ruggedly built than the Ultra-X version, the meatier material on the V7 is better suited to riders who may regularly rig up and launch / land on more abrasive beaches. The smallest sizes may also be preferable for anyone riding in stronger wind conditions when the extra durability can add peace of mind, at which point the lighter weight materials on the Ultra-X will have less effect on overall performance.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- Internal reinforcements - What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double stitched folded seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Teijin ripstop Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
Bar SizeBar sold separately. We recommend the Contact Water Control System.